Dating is never easy, especially when you've been out of the game for a while. You feel like you know what you want but the other person may not. So I came up with a list of questions to get you started.
I personally, have asked a lot of these questions on a first date. My time is valuable and I refuse to waste it.
- What was your childhood like? (Family, friends, background)
- Who is one person you admire and why?
- If there was something you could change about yourself what would it be?
- Are you married/divorced/separated?
- How many children do you have? (Biologically or adopted)
- What do you do for a living?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- What is your stance on religion? Are you spiritual or religious?
- What is something you do well and not so well?
- What did your last relationship teach you?
*Disclaimer: I am not a relationship expert but I feel these are questions that you need to ask. They can be great conversation starters. If you're dating for fun- great these questions may not be used but if you want something a little more permanent and you would like to weed out the bull crap. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Also, if you have other questions that you feel should be added to the list let me know!